I keep running out of hemp seeds, and the other day wished for a way to buy hemp seeds in bulk. That wish manifested in ONE day – faster than anything else I’ve ever wished for! Doing a grocery store tour at Wegman’s, I saw on a low shelf a rather large 5 lb bag of hemp seeds, and felt as if I just won the jack pot! So now I don’t have to ration them or worry about running out ever again. I can get my protein, omega 3’s, minerals, fiber, etc so easily and with so many different meals, including smoothies. So today, I decided to use my hemp seeds for a super food tabouli. I made this like you’d make any other salad, not measuring anything really, just a handful of this, a sprinkle of that, and it came out perfect. Try it and enjoy!
Remember, everything is approximate.
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, large stems removed, and roughly chopped
- a few scallions, sliced
- a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- a quarter of an organic, English cucumber, diced
- about a half cup hemp seeds
- juice from a half of a lemon
- a generous drizzle of cold pressed olive oil
- a couple pinches sea salt
- a sprinkle of pepper
- a garlic clove, crushed
- a sprinkle of oregano
- a sprinkle of cumin
- half of an avocado, cubed
Add all ingredients except avocado to bowl, and mix. Add more seasoning, to taste. Fold in the avocado. Enjoy!