I keep running out of hemp seeds, and the other day wished for a way to buy hemp seeds in bulk. That wish manifested in ONE day – faster than anything else I’ve ever wished for! Doing a grocery store tour at Wegman’s, I saw on a low shelf a rather large 5 lb bag of hemp seeds, and felt as if I just won the jack pot! So now I don’t have to ration them or worry about running out ever again. I can get my protein, omega 3’s, minerals, fiber, etc so easily and with so many different meals, including smoothies. So today, I decided to use my hemp seeds for a super food tabouli. I made this like you’d make any other salad, not measuring anything really, just a handful of this, a sprinkle of that, and it came out perfect. Try it and enjoy!
Remember, everything is approximate.
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, large stems removed, and roughly chopped
- a few scallions, sliced
- a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- a quarter of an organic, English cucumber, diced
- about a half cup hemp seeds
- juice from a half of a lemon
- a generous drizzle of cold pressed olive oil
- a couple pinches sea salt
- a sprinkle of pepper
- a garlic clove, crushed
- a sprinkle of oregano
- a sprinkle of cumin
- half of an avocado, cubed
Add all ingredients except avocado to bowl, and mix. Add more seasoning, to taste. Fold in the avocado. Enjoy!
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.